Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 1 Reflections

It is a great feeling to feel like a student from time to time. Though I have been working as a teacher for about 17 years now, still doing some studies, doing some online, a teacher and a student on the same day, I love that, “Never too old to learn.” So far I have learned from nearly everything in this course, even the course description. The plan of the page with very clear and well organized points, the learning objectives for each week, the readings, the  Ground rules for discussions gave me ideas to use in my class, even the online discussions - comparing rubrics shows the professionalism of those who prepared the. Creating a blog at Blogger gave me more ideas on how to make another blog for my students as I am always in contact with them through the Facebook, email and my previous blog, (http://mrheshamenglish.wordpress.com/) yet this gave me more ideas to do later. Also Blogging for ELT http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/think/articles/blogging-elt, this was great as to show the benefits of having a teacher’s blog then one for the class and personal ones for the students with great ideas and extra links. This will prove to be of great use to my classes in the future. I have enjoying every bit of my work so far and I hope we will all be working for the good of all students all over the world.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Hesham,

    You have created a cool blog. The raindrops make me feel like staying in the warmth of my home in rainy weather and feeling happy just because of that. I also like the color scheme and the background scenery.

    I have visited both the blogs you have pasted the links to, and I liked the song. Yes, I think we all need to remember that love goes first.

    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Val, Belarus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Velentina and for your nice words and you're welcome anytime.
      Hesham, Egypt

      Delete
  2. Hi Hesham,

    Great blog! I like all the ideas you've mentioned for using blogs.

    Jodi, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Jodi, and I am sorry for being late replying. Thank you for your supporting and motivating words all the time.
      Hesham

      Delete
  3. Hello Hesham,

    Happy to meet you in this course. I find your blog interesting and I like the design. I like the idea of learning you mentioned in your blog. I like training and learning till the last day of my life because it is the food of everyone. Looking froward to hearing from you. Thank you.

    Salam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Salam for your kind words. Looking forward to hearing from you too.
      Hesham

      Delete
  4. Hello Mr. Hesham English,
    Welcome to the course and the blog world! You seem to have much sense of humor as your blog has a funny title. It's cool that you seem satisfied about being a student again!
    I wish you the best of luck and it's really nice meeting you.
    Best regards,
    Nihmat, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nihmat for your kind words, the pleasure is mine to get to know nice people here.
      Hesham, Egypt

      Delete